It is situated at a distance of only 2 kilometers from Kehria cross, on the road axis to Limni of Evia. The main feature of this village, apart from its rich vegetation, is the crystal-like running water, which has returned, on its running, some areas to idyllic ones.
The village, was previoously situated at a place, so called Paleohori, which was destroeyed by Turks. From that place, the village moved a little northernly f its today's situation and took its name because of the highly dense forest which was there previously. The first house in Skepasti was built in 1770, while in 1880, the number of its houses was 13.
Today, Skepasti is distinguished for its tradtional households and ist hospitale residents. It has been well known for its kokoretsi (a disch made of inestines liver etc. wound on a spit and baked on fire), its taverns for friends and families and snack-houses, attracting people living in the surrounding areas. It is, in particular, distinguished for the good time one may have during public feasts and various cultural events.